THE QUARRY ASSOCIATION'S ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL POLICIES
Architectural Review Approvals are Needed for all projects.
All Homeowners looking to make improvements or modifications to their home or property – meaning pools, fences, driveways, walks, patios, etc.- please see Article II Architectural Control 2.1 in the Declaration of Restrictions, you must submit the following online application to the Board for approval prior to starting the project. If you have any questions please contact the ARC (Architectural Review Committee) at email email@example.com
Clarification of the Garden House compared to shed restriction has been documented and posted to the documents folder here. Please review these restrictions carefully if you are considering a garden house.
Please complete the Architectural request form and return to the committee.
- General Items
- Construction and Community Polices
- Pet Policies
- Garbage - Monclova Township; - Springfield Township
- Plans and specifications for all dwellings, buildings, landscaping and
other improvements and structures to be constructed and/or situated within
the subdivision shall be submitted by the builder for examination and
approval by the Architectural Committee. Two sets of blueprints must be
submitted. One may be retained by the AC.
- Set backs on lots – Front – 35’, Side Yards – 10’, Rear – 25’.
- Dirt grade at building determined by Lucas County and stated on
Architectural Committee approval. Refer to Deed Restriction 2.8.
- No tree greater than six inches shall be removed for construction
- On all lots 100 feet or wider at the building line garages must be side
loading or rear loading. On any lot less than 100 feet in width, (at the
building line) the Association reserves the right to require a courtyard
- Outbuildings of any kind are prohibited, with the exception of lots 267-276 may include a detached, private garage of not more than two car capacity of no more than twenty-two feet wide by twenty-four feet deep.
- Architectural details on all four elevations. Windows required on side
- Front elevations will be brick veneer. Brick skirt on rear and side
elevations is not required.
- Address stone with house number shall be placed in front elevation
- Horizontal siding will be pre-approved vinyl siding. No vinyl siding
will be permitted on front elevations. Vinyl siding colors are also
- Outside trim, including soffits, fascia and rakes on front elevation
will be wood. Side and rear outside trim may be vinyl.
- Colors of roof, brick, siding and outside trim shall be submitted for
approval prior to application.
- A landscape plan including any retaining walls or fences must be
submitted to the AC.
- Landscape irrigation is required in front yard. Side and rear yard
irrigation is optional.
- City sidewalk information is available from the recorded plat.
- Mailboxes will be uniform in design, color and size. The location to be
determined by the U.S. Postmaster.
- Street trees required by the Association are Red Sunset Maple trees of
one and one-half to two inches minimum diameter planted between the street
pavement and right of-way line on both sides of the street with spacing of
35 to 50 feet. Center between back of curb and the front edge of sidewalk.
- Residences shall be completed within one year following the commencement
- During construction on a particular lot and prior to occupation of any
residence, not more than two signs may be placed on any lot advertising the
sale and company constructing the residence. All signs shall be located at
least fifteen feet back from the right-of-way line.
- Building materials not incorporated into said structure within ninety
days after its delivery shall be removed from the lot.
- It is the intent of the Association to provide homeowners with a neat
and orderly living environment during the time of construction and build out
of the Community.
- Please make sure you have all approvals from the Architectural Committee prior to the commencement of any work- The request form can be found under documents. If you have any questions please email ARC@thequarry.us
- The following are policies that we ask all builders, sub-contractors and
homeowners to be responsible for relative to activity you may have within
- The speed limit within the Community is posted at 25 mph. All vehicles
must abide by this posting and be especially aware of children in the area.
- Lot owners, builders and sub-contractors are specifically asked to park
on the job site they are working on or the paved surface contiguous to their
job site. No parking of vehicles or storage of any materials will be allowed
on any contiguous home site to the construction site.
- It is your responsibility to keep construction debris to a minimum and
to prevent the spread of any debris to neighboring property or public
- Any materials cleared from a building site must be removed and hauled
out of the Community.
- There shall not be materials of any kind whatsoever disposed of in any
body of water or on any other lot within the Community.
- It is the responsibility of the lot owner and the contractor to keep the
street and curb contiguous to your job site clean of debris, dirt and mud at
all times. Any compacted construction dirt, which restricts the curb
drainage flow, must be cleaned up immediately.
- There shall be no parking of construction vehicles in front of a
completed residence within the Community.
- Exterior work must not begin before 7 AM. This is in keeping with the
Monclova Township noise ordinance.
- The Association establishes the above rules in an attempt to provide a
First Class community and to provide an environment for our resident to have
quiet and peaceful enjoyment of their homes.
- Dogs, cats or other household pets suitably maintained and housed within
a residential dwelling may be kept subject to rules and regulations adopted
by the Association, provided however, that no animal of any sort may be
kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purpose, and any pet causing or
creating a nuisance or unreasonable disturbance shall be subject to
permanent removal and exclusion from the Subdivision in accordance with the
rules and regulations adopted by the Association. Pit bulls and other
vicious animals are strictly prohibited in The Quarry.
- All owners shall strictly comply with all applicable leash laws.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, no animal owned by (or in custody of)
a lot owner or his tenants or guests shall be permitted on any of the Common
Areas in the Subdivision (“Common Areas”), except when it is leashed or
carried by hand and is either in an area that the Association has
specifically designated for walking pets or is being walked or transported
directly to or from such area or directly off the Common Areas.
- The board of the Association may order temporarily or permanently banned
from the Common Areas, and the Subdivision generally, any animal that is
dangerous or that becomes obnoxious by reason of aggressive or intimidating
behavior, barking, littering or otherwise.
- No animal may be kept in the Subdivision for commercial or breeding
- No animal may be kept outside of a residence unless someone is present
in the residence.
- Any lot owner shall pick up and remove any solid waste deposited by the
pet on the Subdivision lands, except for designated pet walk areas, if any.